Saturday, January 16, 2010

My thoughts, good and bad, on the South Beach Diet

I owe a huge debt of gratitude to Dr Agatson and the South Beach Diet. Thank you Dr A!
His approach and overall philosophy was just the ticket I needed to get the weight off....and keep it off. SBD taught me how to eat for the first time in my life. I tink that my ability to keep off 120 lbs lost is proof of this.

But as I'v eaten according to this plan for almost 6 yrs now, there are things about it that I've learned don't work for me and that I do not agree with. There are things about it that work for me 100% and that I love.

One thing is cheese. SBD lists "cheese" as an unlimited source of protein. I disagree with this. I count cheese in with my dairy daily totals of up to 2 cups. To me, cheese is dairy...period. I allow myself 2 ozs of hard cheese a day, if that. I count cottage cheese in dairy also and have 1/2 cup a couple of times per week. I do eat yogurt daily with my morning coffee. I enjoy the Dannon carb and sugar control yogurt but its very hard to find. I have to go to a distant grocery to get it.

Going to walk in my MBTs today.....getting a nice workout from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment